Sunday, May 22, 2011

Platterpuss on the Radio 05/11

For all of you who might have missed it, my radio show is available for downloading. It was a fun show and, as one good friend of mine so kindly pointed out, I definitely have the face for radio. Since I am now on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 11 - midnight, if you missed me last week you can catch me 'pre-recorded live' next month.

Otis Redding - Shout Bamalama
The Blues Magoos - (We Ain't Got) Nothin' Yet (stereo)
Jimmy McCracklin - The Wobble
The Beach Boys - In My Room
Vaughan Thomas - Need You Girl
Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man
Maurice & Mac - Lean On Me
The Little Boy Blues - I Can Only Give You Everything
The Jury - Who Dat
Sugar Pie DeSanto - Go Go Power (mono)
Tommy Todd - Tag Along
David Gates - Okie Surfer (Mystery Oldie)
Dorothy Williams - Watchdog
Baby Huey & The Babysitters - Messin With The Kid
The Cufflinks - Guided Missles
The Roulettes - Bad Time
The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
The Bobby Fuller Four - Baby, My Heart
Si Cranstoun - Chocoholic
Brenda Holloway - Just Look What You've Done
The Blue Jeans - Cool Martini

In other news, the job I started last June is due to end in 3 weeks - just in time for my 60th birthday ("Happy birthday, you're fired") so once again I will actually have some time on my hands - at least until I find another job. I've given some thought to reviving TOMH but I don't want to deal with the same crap I had last time. Taking the blog private isn't really an option as it defeats the whole purpose of trying to get the music out there for folks to hear. It seems kind of like preaching to the choir. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the new blog, Yankee Boy.

Wish I had a suggestion for you, but other than renaming the blog and contacting your regulars and waiting for new people to find you too, that's about it.

It's a shame because you do some interesting comps. Best wishes.