Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm Back (sorta)

The good news (I hope) is that I am back but not in quite the way folks might expect. I am now doing a 1-hour pre-recorded radio show on internet radio station Top Shelf Oldies under my alter ego The Platterpuss, a name I used when I was writing record reviews back in the 90's. I will be on this Thursday (5/19) from 11 PM to midnite EST. It's a cool station with some really great and knowledgable DJ's, of which I am honored to be one. There is also a chat room that is open to all and really easy to join that is also filled with some really astute collectors and people who are really passionately into the music. Being that this is an oldies station you won't hear much new stuff but if you have liked my garage, soul, R&B and rockabilly selections in the past, I don't think you will be disappointed. So please join me if you can.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the folks who've left such nice comments over the last month or so. While I didn't get to post as often as I would have liked, coming up with my playlists and writing about the music was the perfect means of self-expression for me - especially as I do not play an instrument, paint or engage in any other type of artistic endeavor. It is gratifying to know that there are others of you out there who are on the same wavelength. Perhaps at some point I will decide to give it another try. But in the meantime I hope you will enjoy my show on Thursday.

4 comments:

Curty Ray said...

Looking forward to it, Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

glad yer back

Anonymous said...

I'm not too savvy with internet radio sites, but if I can figure it out, I'll tune in tonight. Looking forward to it.

Glenn said...

Cool!